Gay Gasper Estate Sales and Appraisals
- First, call us and make an appointment for an initial consultation to assess your needs and determine the best way to help you.
- (A word to the wise - call us as soon as you can, as our calendar gets filled quickly! )
- Items going to heirs or to be kept by you should be noted and clearly marked.
- Please, PLEASE do not diminish the overall potential return of your tag sale by "cleaning out" or donating beforehand!!! This means books, clothing, kitchen, garage. Save yourself the trouble and leave it.
- Nothing should be thrown out or donated prior to consulting us! Please let us see it first and give you some guidance. Full closets, attics, garages, etc. are a good thing in our world. Our customers LOVE a full house. You may end up "cleaning out" just what our buyers want... or even preventing the possibility of being able to have a tag sale. Why throw money away? Let us handle it.
- If we are holding an estate sale, we are paid on a commission basis to stage and conduct the sale, which means no upfront cost to you. Our commission is decided upon in the initial interview, and is a reasonable percentage based upon the amount of time and manpower required to properly stage and conduct the sale, as well as upon the quantity and quality of contents.
- Prior to signing a contract, you will need to have decided what items will or won't be included in the tag sale.
- Once the contract terms have been reviewed and an agreement is reached, a target sale date is determined. When we have a signed contract, the weekend is reserved for you!
- You provide us with a key, remove the items "not for sale" from the premises, and we do the rest.
- We set up an estate sale in the residence, carefully sorting, staging and pricing the property. We price items appropriately for the estate sale market.
- Each room is organized to make the merchandise appealing to buyers. (See our "before and after" pages for some examples.) This is often the point in the process when, after seeing the "new look" of the house, our clients realize they have chosen the best estate sale company in the area.
- We take EXCELLENT photographs of the staged areas and featured items in the sale. A beautiful ad is created, linked on our company website Estatesales.net (the go-to place for estate sale customers) and to our company's Facebook page. We also will place flyers locally and post neighborhood signs if allowed.
- We research items as needed, consulting our network of antiques and property specialists, large reference library, and internet results. We also rely upon our YEARS of experience in the resale marketplace.
- We conduct the sale (weekend, 1 - 3 days depending upon the circumstance), staffed with experienced and friendly personnel. Entry is controlled to limit overcrowding, and small valuable items are sold in a secure manner. We accept cash, checks AND credit cards to maximize sales.
- Within ten business days we provide a settlement statement, along with a check for your share of the proceeds.
- Optional services: full house clean-outs, dumpster rental.
Gay Gasper Estate Sales Team Services
Here's a brief overview of the process and the services we offer, from start to finish.